Sunday, June 3, 2012

Cooked Raw Diet: take 2

It's been a few weeks since Annie's UTI when we took her off of the raw diet and went back to kibble, and the problems that we had with the kibble have come back.  Red ears, lots of black earwaxy stuff, itchyness, and lack of interest in food. Anne's also gained a few pounds on the kibble that she had lost on the raw.  So we're trying the raw diet again.
The vet last time also voiced problems with too much meat and not enough veggies, so I've added in more carrots now.  Another friend of ours feeds their dogs chicken, rice, carrots and celery, so I'll probably add that in later as well.  Also in the mix now is yogurt with peanut butter blended in (Paul gobbled this up right away).
Added to all of this, it's been nice and cool here this weekend, so I've had the chance to turn on my oven and bake several batches of treats for them (mini muffins and peanut butter cookies) with rice flour.  Most of it has been put into the freezer in tupperware containers for later this summer when it's too hot to bake and they need treats of some sort.
The mini muffins have rice flour, caned pumpkin, honey, olive oil, baking powder, and eggs while the peanut butter cookies have peanut butter, apple sauce, canned pumpkin, oatmeal, and rice flour in them.  They smell fabulous when they're baking and the whole house smells of peanut butter!  Maybe that explains why Annie follows me around the kitchen when I'm baking.


I know this is not the best shot, but it works.  She loves to try to help me bake.  


No comments:

Post a Comment