Friday, November 16, 2012

The Cat (Purple)

     Our neighbors have been feeding a stray cat in our neighborhood for several months now, and their granddaughter has named the cat Purple.  (She's a pre-school aged kiddo, so I'm not about to argue the name.)  On their "best days" Paul has never liked Purple, despite Purple meowing at Paul as if to say, "Friends?"

     A few days ago, I heard Paul going nuts at the window.  Not the usual, "I'm the dog in charge here, so keep moving!" bark he sends to people walking past, but an all out "Get out of my yard, NOW!!!" bark.   I listened to it for a moment, thinking he'd stop in a moment as soon as whatever he was barking at moved on.  When he got more insistent in barking, I jumped up to see, "what the heck is happening?"

   If you look about a 1/3 of the way down the picture, you'll see an orange and white cat in the tree.  Purple seems to enjoy chasing the birds in the tree and trying to get his dinner the old fashioned way.  Check out Paul's nose prints, slobber marks, and steam marks on the bottom 1/3 of the window!  This makes me quite happy we bought the triple ply glass  when we replaced the windows in the house.  

No comments:

Post a Comment