Monday, November 5, 2012

New Dog Bed Cover: why I don't craft as much as I'd like

     Don't ask me why, but I love making stuff from scratch and figuring it out.  I may not do the same project more than once (because, lets face it, for some of them, once is enough) but I love looking at something and trying to figure out how to make it.
     Someone along the line posted on a blog a no sew tie cover for their dog bed.  I know how to make the no sew blankets, so I thought, "this'll be an easy craft one evening."  I bought the fleece one night on the drive home and arrived home ready to cover Paul's favorite dog bed.

   After I pushed the coffee table out of the way, Paul made himself comfortable on the first layer of the no sew blanket.  I think he thought that was all I was doing this evening: just putting down a blanket for him to sit on.  Then came his dog bed.


     Can anyone else hear him saying, "But Mommy, what are you doing?  It's my bed!" in a winy puppy voice?  I can't help but laugh at how sad and pouty he looks in this picture.

But it's mine Mommy!
Photo by The Hubbs.

     Paul even tried to sit on his bed while I was putting straight pins into the fabric.  Somewhere along the line, Paul got the hint that I wasn't giving up/stopping just because he was sitting on his bed and he left me alone long enough to tie up the sides of his bed.


 

     Paul seems to enjoy the new cover on his bed and has decorated it with slobber already.  You don't have to straight pin this for it to work, but I find it's a bit easier when Paul's "helping" me craft to pin things into place.   Over all, it wasn't a bad project for an evening.



2 comments:

  1. What a cutie!! So helpful! I can only imagine Lucy would try to help just like that if I did any crafts for her :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it looks easy and very interesting! I just hope Clover (my dog) will appreciate it when I make one for her, just as Paul loves it. Also, I’m crossing my fingers that it will not end up like her sweater that I made for her – she tore it apart! Anyway, the colors match well together, and I’m looking forward to seeing more DIY projects here in your blog. Thanks for sharing. :)

    Ellan Lima

    ReplyDelete