Friday, October 26, 2012

Sandy (the possible uninvited house guest)

     I grew up in Pittsburgh, PA and the Hubbs grew up by the 4 corners in AZ.  Neither of us experienced a hurricane until Irene hit a few years ago.  (ok, the Hubbs went through one while on a submarine, and never felt a thing from it).  Annie and Paul spent most of Irene wrapped in their thundershirts (calm and cool as cucumbers) while I paced the house.
     We're getting lots of warning right now about getting ready, so I'm packing a bag for Annie and Paul incase we end up evacuating.  I'm guessing since the emergency services is stating "Pack for 3 days" for people, I'm packing for 3 days for A&P too.  The list of "what to pack" so far:

  • (4) Leashes (2 to be used while we evacuate 2 incase we miss place a leash or Paul eats it)
  • (2) Tags for their collars
  • (1) Extra collars
  • (2) Water Dishes
  • (2) Food Dishes
  • (12) cups of dry dog food in ziplock bags
  • (2) Thundershirts
  • (2) Raincoats/winter coats (just in case we evacuate to Pittsburgh)
  • (4) dog blankets
  • (4) 1 Quart Bottles of water 
  • (1) Large Jar of Peanut Butter
  • (1) Spatula 
  • (3) Kongs 
  • (1) Bottle of Benadryl
  • (2) Spoons
  • (1) package of Baby wipes (to clean anything for the dogs)
  • (1) bottle of hand sanitizer
  • (1) first aid Kit.
    Sandy's not supposed to hit until Sunday, so I'll post pics later today once I've packed up.  Ok, what am I missing?

No comments:

Post a Comment