Friday, May 10, 2013

The ABC blog

     Eight years ago, I ended up at a reading conference where Jerry Pollotta was the concluding speaker!  I remember being slightly heart broken because I didn't know who he was and he was filling in for Marc Brown (Arthur!) due to bad weather.

     I was blown away!

     Mr. Pollotta did a great presentation about where he grew up, his Boston accent, and why he started writing.  I discovered that he was the author of some math books I already owned.  He also talked about why he started writing ABC books and after that I was hooked.  

     So as part of our 1 year blogday celebration, I'm going to work my way through the ABC's of the blog world (the part of it that I read at least) naming different blogs as I go along.  I'm going to break it down into a few different sections because there are sooo many blogs out there.  If you have a favorite, please leave it below in the comments, add it to our facebook page (and give us a like while you're at it), or e-mail it to me (check under contact us).

     From the contest on Monday, Random.org chose the number 5.  So congratulations to Kate and Lily!


1 comment: